Even though the countdown clock reminds us that we have 147 days yet to wait, I’m already excited for Season 8 of 24. Granted, it’s not often that I feel pumped about the eighth season of a show. But last season brought the goods, and next season might do the same. The casting department has eclectic and savvy choices that I find commendable.
Starting with the actors pictured above, the new cast members for the upcoming season include:
- Anil Kapoor, a Bollywood star who is best known to American audiences for his portrayal of the smarmy game-show host in Slumdog Millionaire.
- Katee Sackhoff, the woman who made Kara “Starbuck” Thrace a fan-favorite character of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica.
- Callum Keith Rennie, who (coincidentally) played the Starbuck-obsessed Leoben on Battlestar Galactica, as well as libidinous record-producer Lew Ashby on Californication.
- David Anders, a master of duplicitous roles like Julian Sark on Alias and Adam Monroe on Heroes.
- Freddie Prinze, Jr., star of teen comedies galore, as well as an eponymous sitcom on ABC.
- Jürgen Prochnow, a German actor who had starring roles in submarine epic Das Boot and sci-fi classic Dune.
- Jennifer Westfeldt, co-writer and star of indie film Kissing Jessica Stein who has had roles in Notes from the Underbelly and Grey’s Anatomy.
- Mykelti Williamson, an veteran actor to whom the world is indebted for his shrimp dissertation as Pvt. Benjamin Buford “Bubba” Blue in Forrest Gump.
A cool bunch, no? These actors and more (including several from last season) will appear in Mr. Bauer’s eighth bad day when it kicks off on January 17 at 9/8c. And to tide you over, here’s a photo of some of the cast from Comic-Con.