Tag archive for ‘The Office’
or, A Television-Related Word Association Experiment With the Love of My Life
Here’s a list of every current show I watch, and my boyfriend’s instant reaction to each.
- 30 Rock “Oh, Tina Fey…” (smiles)
- American Horror Story ”Thrills me.”
- Boardwalk Empire “Costumes…”
- Breaking Bad “Oh, I don’t know. I don’t know. Come back to me with that one.”
- Burn Notice “Never saw it… oh, but that guy is hot.”
- Californication [...]
We all watch television in eager anticipation of those watercooler moments—those moments so shocking, so emotional, so incredibly awesome that we have to a) rewind to watch them about twenty times and b) rehash them to death with all of our fellow watchers. And I honor my picks for those moments here, along with video clips of each [...]
It’s often hard to remember all of the television I watch every year, but some episodes make themselves impossible to forget. The following hours or half-hours of television were exemplary in some way, whether it was for the writing or the direction of the episode; for the way they ended [...]
In the waning hours of 2010, allow me to kick-start the Second Annual Primie Awards. Below are my favorite fifteen characters from the past year of television, again listed in descending order of awesomeness. (One could only dream of a context that would bring all of them together to share the screen!)
- Kalinda Sharma (The Good Wife) If mystery [...]
If you’re a diehard fan of a show, you can proclaim your love loud and proud with your standard t-shirt bearing the show’s logo. But sometimes, you want merchandise that’s a bit less conventional. Maybe a bit less straightforward. Maybe a bit more of an insider-y reference. For such occasions, I recommend the following items.
Note: The following post first appeared as an article by the same name in The Climax, Hampshire College’s newspaper. Also, some of these micro-reviews may exceed 140 characters—my bad!
I am a student of television. Writing television scripts is my Division III [a senior project, in Hampshire speak]. So I have no shame in the [...]
Here are the latest news items from the idiot-box world:
- Lost finally has a return date—the final season will premiere with a two-hour installment on Tuesday, February 2, at 9/8c on ABC.
- Chuck‘s return date was also announced today. The action-comedy will return with two episodes on Sunday, January 10, and then another one the following [...]
The Emmys snuck up on me this year, but ever since I learned that the ceremony [...]